She was born Marilyn N. Warren on 15 January 1915 in Hudson, New Hampshire, the daughter of Oscar G. & Ida (Proctor) Warren. As a woman with disabilities, she faced the difficulties of mobility, obtaining an education, and finding a job–and she became an activist for the handicapped.
She was a paraplegic due to polio as a baby, and as a result was a resident of a Protestant orphanage in Nashua during middle and later childhood years. Despite the odds against her, she graduated from Nashua High School and Nashua Business College. Later she obtained a job working as a counselor for the State of New Hampshire, and also for Nashua High School. She was instrumental in founding the Leticia Pratt Home for the Handicapped in Nashua NH.
She was early a leader, and an activist for the disabled on the local, state, and national levels–a charter member and past president of the National Association of the Physically Handicapped (NAPH), charter member and past president of the Queen City Chapter of NAPH, member and past president of President Eisenhower’s United States Advisory Council for the Handicapped, member of former Governor John Sununu’s New Hampshire Advisory Council for the Handicapped.
She was instrumental in arranging State of NH plates for the handicapped and was awarded lifetime handicapped license plate #1 by Governor John Sununu. She was also the founder of New England Wheelchair Games at Crotched Mountain Center.
In 1967 she participated in the Pan American Paraplegic games in Canada, winning five medals. She also took part in the International Wheelchair Games in Israel in 1968 and won gold medals in archery, shotput and javelin. When interviewed by CBS’s Charles Kuralt for one of his television “On the Road” episodes, she beat him in handicapped ping pong.
For many years she lived at 57 Meetinghouse Road in Merrimack, NH. She had married 9 October 1948 in Merrimack NH to Adelbert Nelson Woods, son of Seaver Robertson & Tina B. (Blanchard) Woods.
After a long, energetic and productive life, this remarkable woman died 12 June 1998. Not to be forgotten, she was a Mayflower descendant.
P.S.: Several places might “claim” Marilyn. She was born in Hudson, as a child and young adult lived in Nashua, and in adulthood lived most of her life in Merrimack (all New Hampshire).
=====WARREN FAMILY GENEALOGY====
Richard Warren, was b. 1580 in Greenwich, Co. Kent, England and d. 3 May 1628 in Plymouth MA. He married Elizabeth —- [possibly March/Marsh nee Jouatt]. She was b. 1582 in England and d. 2 Oct 1673. He sailed from Plymouth England in the historic “Mayflower” 6 September 1620. He was not one of the Leyden Company, and joined the group from London. He was one of the first to land at Plymouth, 21 December 1620. He was one of the nineteen signers of the Compact who survived the first winter. They lived near the Eel River and after her husband’s death, Elizabeth conveyed to her daughter’s respective husbands certain lands.
Child(ren) of Richard & Elizabeth (?) Warren:
1. Mary Warren, b. in England; accompanied her mother to New England in the ship “Ann” arriving at Plymouth in July 1623; she m. in 1628 to Robert Bartlett
2. Ann Warren, m. Thomas Little
3. Sarah Warren, m. John Cooke Jr.
4. Elizabeth Warren, m. Richard Church
5. Abigail Warren, m. Anthony Snow
6. +Nathaniel Warren, b. Jan 1624 in Plymouth MA
7. Joseph Warren, b. bef 22 May 1726; d. 1689
Nathaniel Warren, son of Richard & Elizabeth (Jouatt) Warren, was b. Jan 1624 in Plymouth MA and d. between 16 July and 21 Oct 1667 in Plymouth MA. He married on 19 Nov 1645 to Sarah Walker. She b. 10 Nov 1622 in Southwark, Surrey, England and d. 24 Nov 1700 in Plymouth MA
Children of Nathaniel & Sarah (Walker) Warren:
1. Mary Warren, 1610-
2. Jabez Warren, 1646-1701
3. +Richard Warren, b. 1646 Plymouth MA
4. Sarah Warren, 1648-1689
5. Hope Warren, 1649-1690
6. Mary Warren, 1651-1734
7. Jane Warren, 1651-1678
8. Elizabeth Warren, 1653-1689
9. Alice Warren, 1655-1691
10. Mercy Warren, 1658-1727
11. Mary Warren, 1660-1661
12. Nathaniel Warren, 1661-1737
13. John Warren, 1663-1664
14. James Warren, 1665-1715
15. Jabez Warren, 1666-1701?
Richard Warren, son of Nathaniel & Sarah (Walker) Warren, was b. 1646 in Plymouth MA and d. 23 Jan 1697 in Middleborough, Plymouth Co. MA. He married 1678 to Sarah Torrey, dau of James J. & Anne (Hatch) Torrey. She b. 9 Feb 1660 in Scituate, Plymouth Co. MA and d. 6 Nov 1722 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA. Sometime after the close of King Philip’s War, he moved with his family from Plymouth to Namasket [now Middleborough] MA, to occupy the lands which had been granted to his father, and were described as “5th Lot, bounded with a white oak marked standing in a plain.” His widow Sarah was granted administration of his estate on 18 March 1696-7.
Children of Richard & Sarah (Torrey) Warren:
1. James Warren, b. 13 Jan 1679, d. 25 Dec 1709; his estate was administered by his uncle, James Warren Esq. 4 March 1709
2. +Samuel Warren, b. 7 March 1682 Plymouth MA
3. Hope Warren, 1685-1745; m. David Torrey of Scituate MA
4. Anne Warren, 1688-1737; m. 8 Apr 1712 John May of Plymouth MA
6. John Warren, b. 1690 Middleboro MA; m1) Naomi Bates; m2) Anne Reed; He died 3 March 1768. Had issue.
8. Joanna Warren, 1691; m. 1 Aug 1717 Samuel Bumpas of Barnstable MA.
Samuel Warren, son of Richard & Sarah (Torrey) Warren, b. 7 March 1682 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA [or possibly at Middleboro] and d. 4 Feb 1749 in Middleborough, Plymouth Co. MA. He married 26 Jan 1703 to Eleanor Billington, dau of Isaac & Hannah (Glass) Billington. She was b. 1683 in Plymouth MA and d. 3 Aug 1752 in Plymouth MA. His residence was at Middleborough, on the Namasket River, where he was an extensive land holder, and where he conveyed at various times certain portions of his real estate to his children; by deed of 1 June 1739 to son Cornelius, in 1741 to son Samuel and daughter Joanna Barlow, in 1745 to sons Benjamin and Josiah. Letters of administration on his estate were granted to his son Samuel Warren, 4 February 1750. The division of his estate, 3 August 1754, mentioned widow Sarah
Children of Samuel & Eleanor (Billington) Warren:
1. Priscilla Warren b. 12 Dec 1704, became a member of the Middleborough church 10 Aug 1729.
3. Jabez Warren, b. 3 Feb 1705-6; d. 10 May 1717 “in twelfth year”
4. Samuel Warren, b. 9 Aug 1707; m. Rebecca Dunham
5. +Cornelius Warren, b. 12 June 1709
6. James Warren, b. 24 Feb 1710; m. Mary Terry
7. Nathan Warren, b 5 March 1712; d. 15 Feb 1784; m. Rachel –.
8. Joseph Warren, b. 2 Feb 1715; “drowned 22 July, 1732, in his nineteenth year.”
9. Joanna Warren, b. 25 March 1717; m. William Barlow
10. Benjamin Warren, b 30 June 1720; d. 11 Jan 1802; m. Jedidiah Tupper
11. Sarah Warren, b 9 Feb 1722; m. 2 June 1740 William Reed of Middleborough MA
12. Josiah Warren, b. 9 May 1924; administration granted on his estate to Micha Bryant on 2 June 1760; he m. 5 Apr 1747 Joanna, daughter of Benjamin Spooner, b. 15 Aug 1729.
Cornelius Warren, son of Samuel & Eleanor (Billington) Warren, was b. 12 June 1709 in Middleboro MA, and d. 1 Jan 1750 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA. He married 18 Jan 1732 to Mary/Mercy Ward, dau of Nathan & Elizabeth (Pope) Ward. She b. 8 March 1708 in Middleboro MA and d. after 20 Oct 1770 in Middleboro MA. He was probably a mariner. On 1 Juen 1739 his father conveyed to him land at Middleborough. She married 2d) 15 Apr 1752 to James Howard of Plymouth. She was again a widow, 20 October 1770 when she joined with her son Joseph Warren in a deed of that date.
Children of Cornelius & Mercy (Ward) Warren:
1. Joseph Warren, b. 1 Sep 1734 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA; d. 11 Apr 1846 in Ashfield, Franklin Co. MA; m. 3 Aug 1756 to Mary/Mercy Perkins. Had issue: Cornelius, Timothy, Joseph, Eleanor, Mary, Martha, Asenath, Lazarus, Benjamin, Oliver
2. Eleanor Warren, b. baptized 1 Aug 1736 in Middleboro MA; she m. 5 Aug 1756 to Nathaniel Billington; dismissed from the church of Middleborough to the Ashfield church in 1789.
3. Benjamin Warren, b. bap 9 December 1738 Plymouth, Plymouth Co. MA
4. +Cornelius Warren, b. 1746 Middleboro MA
Cornelius Warren, son of Cornelius & Mercy (Ward) Warren, was b. 1746 in Middleboro, MA and d. 21 March 1806 in Walpole NH. He married 1 March 1770 in Middleborough, Plymouth Co MA to Patience Hoar, dau of Jonathan & Mary (Staples) Hoar. She was b. abt 1741 in Middleborough, Plymouth Co. MA an dd. 21 March in Walpole, Cheshire Co. NH. Cornelius served as a private in Capt. John Marcy’s company, Col. John Reed’s new Hampshire regiment during the American Revolution.
Children of Cornelius & Patience (Hoar) Warren:
1. +Isaac Warren, b. 1771 Ware MA, d.?
2. Mary Warren, b. 16 Dec 1778
3. Rebecca Warren, b. 30 July 1780 in Walpole, Cheshire Co. NH and d. 8 June 1869 in Elmore, Lamoille Co. VT. She married in Walpole NH to John Davis and had children: Harry, Sarah, Samuel, Nathaniel, Alvira, Sabrina
4. Samuel Warren, b. 1781 in Walpole, Cheshire Co. NH
5. Betsy Warren, b. after 1781
Isaac Warren, son of Cornelius & Patience (Hoar) Warren was b. 1771 in Ware, MA and d. 10 March 1863 in Weathersfield, VT. He married by 1794 to Lucinda Brockway, dau of Ephraim & Esther (Calkins) Brockway. She b. 25 Aug 1776 Walpole NH and d. 1800 in Vermont. Isaac married 2nd) 19 Oct 1800 in Hardwick, Worcester Co. MA [Harwick MA vital recs] to Mercy Thomas, dau of Daniel & Mercy (Bartlett) Thomas. She was b. 1782 in Hardwick, Worcester Co. MA and d. 20 Apr 1837 in Weathersfield VT.
Children of Isaac & Lucinda (Brockway) Warren:
1. John Warren, b. 6 Aug 1794
2. Ezra Warren, b 10 Aug 1797; m. Eleanor Graves, had son Horace H. b 1832 who m. Evaline Porter
3. Acastus/Acustus/Arastus Warren, b. 2 Aug 1799 in Walpole, Cheshire Co. NH; m. Emily Brockway, dau of Martin Brockway.
4. Albert Warren, b. 22 Dec 1800, in Walpole MA
Children of Isaac & Mercy (Thomas) Warren:
5. Minerva Warren, b. 6 July 1801
6. Anson Warren, b. 20 Sep 1802
7. Cyrus Warren, b. 29 Jan 1804; m. 6 June 1826 in Nottingham West to Susanna B. Winn, dau of Reuben and Mary Winn. They settled in Nashua NH with 2 children George Henry Warren and Harriet Warren.
8. William Warren, b. 1 Nov 1805, died young
9. Lucinda Warren, b. 25 Feb 1807
10. Mary Warren, b. 29 March 1809
11. Henery Warren, b. 9 March 1812
12. +William Warren, b. 1818 in Weathersfield VT
William Warren, son of Isaac & Mercy (Thomas) Warren was b. 1818 in Weathersfield VT, died in Hudson NH 9 May 1861, aged 48 years. He married 29 February 1844 to Eliza Brown, daughter of Joseph Brown. She was b. abt 1825 in Hooksett NH, and d. aft 1880 in Hudson NH. She married 2d) 26 Nov 1868 in Goffstown NH to Phillip Hart, son of William & Mary (Sargent) Hart. He was b. in Weare NH 5 April 1784 and d. 23 Apr 1869 in Nashua NH. William Warren built a house on the north side of Central Street in Hudson NH about 1854 [per “History of Hudson NH by Kimball Webster]. William’s brother Cyrus and he were in partnership for a while (a plane manufacturer). William and Eliza are buried next to each other in Sunnyside Cemetery, Hudson, NH. He was elected rep from Hudson NH in 1852 and 1853.
Children of William & Eliza (Brown) Warren:
1. Mary A. Warren, b. abt 1844 NH
2. Arabell “Addie” E. Warren, b. abt 1848 Hudson NH; d. aft 1881 Hudson NH; married John Clark Dennison; resided Chester, Rockingham Co. NH
3. Frank W. Warren, b. Sept 1853 NH, m. abt 1895 to Emma A. Currier, dau of Nathaniel H. & Emily F. (Holman) Currier. She b. Sept 1868 in NH; had children: Frank Currer Warren b 9 Dec 1888 NH [he m. 18 June 1908 in Raymond NH to Ethel E. Harriman], Howard Brown Warren b 5 Dec 1896, Forest Rodney Warren b 24 Apr 1902, and Helen Agnes Warren, b. 24 Dec 1905; in 1880 living in Chester NH with mother and brother Harry; in 1930 living in Chester, Rockingham Co. NH with wife Emma and child, Frank C.
4. +Charles H. Warren, b. abt 1856 NH
5. Harry Marsh Warren, b. 19 April 1861 in Hudson NH, and d. 21 December 1940 at Chappaqua, Westchester Co., NY; he married 11 Oct 1893 at Troy, Rensselaer Co. NY to Adelaide E. Butler, dau of John B. & Mary Jane (Williamson) Butler. He attended Walnut Hill School and Chester Academy. He graduated from the Union Theological Seminary of NY in 1891 and was ordained a Baptist minister. He served as pastor of Nepperhan Avenue Church in Yonkers, NY. In 1895 he became pastor of Central Park Church on East 83rd Street in NYC. ; in 1880 living in Chester, Rockingham Co. NH; in 1910 living Manhatten, wife Adelaide, children Beatrice and Harry R.; 1930 living Hastings on Hudson, Westchester NY, wife Adelaide B. and son Harry M. (he had 2 daughters and a son). In 1906 he founded the Parish of All Strangers ministering to persons considering suicide. About 1916 the name was changed to Save-a-Life League, that is credited as bein gthe oldest suicide prevention program in the United States. Rev. Warren was president of the League for 34 years. His son Harry Jr. was born in 1903, and continued his father’s work as League President after his death.
Charles H. Warren, son of William & Eliza (Brown) Warren was b. abt 1856 in Chester NH and d. –. He married by 1879 to Mary L. Robbins. She b. abt 1861 in NH and d. –. In 1880 they were living in Atkinson NH.
See “The New hampshire genealogical record: Vol 23-24, George W. Tibbetts, 2006″
1860 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Hudson > 5
William Warren 42 M Piano Manufacturer 2500 1000 Vermont
Eliza A. Warren 35 F wife NH
Mary A. Warren 16 F Domestic NH
Arabell E. Warren 12 F NH
Frank W. Warren 6 M NH
Charles H. Warren 4 M NH
1880 US Census > New Hampshire > Rockingham > Atkinson > District 196 > 3
Warren, Charles H. W M 25 farm laborer NH NH NH [b abt 1855]
Warren, Mary L. W F 19 wife keep house NH PEI PEI
Warren, Alice R. W F 1 dau nh nh nh
FAMILY SEARCH – MARRIAGES
27 February 1897, Lawrence MA
George W. Rand, age 22, Farmer, b Lemonister, son of Frank & Annie
Alice R. Warren, age 18 at home b. Derry NH, dau of Charles H. & Mary
married by William F. Kimball, Justice of the Peace, Lawrence.
Children of Charles & Mary (Robbins) Warren: [may be more]
1. Alice R. Warren, b abt 1879 Derry NH; she m. 27 Feb 1897 at Lawrence MA to George W. Rand. He b. abt 1875 in Leominster MA [Pelham NH or Derry NH]; had at least two children, Viola May Rand, b. 22 July 1897 at Derry NH and Theresa Mabel Rand, b. 2 Oct 1901 in Derry NH
2. +Oscar Garfield Warren, b. 22 July 1881 Chester/Derry NH
3. Charles F. Warren, b. March 1889 in Hudson, NH.
Oscar Garfield Warren, son of Charles & Mary (Robbins) Warren b. 22 July 1881 in Chester, Rockingham Co. NH [marriage record states Derry NH]; He married 9 January 1908 in Nashua NH to Ida Louise Proctor, dau of Daniel Webster & Hattie Holmes Proctor. [Hattie Holmes was the daughter of Rufus & Mary Howitt]. Ida was b. 18 April 1890 in Nashua NH and d. –. In 1942 he was living in Derry, Rockingham Co. NH. He divorced by 1930 when he was living in Derry NH.
Family Search – Marriages
Place: Nashua, Hillsborough Co. NH
Groom: Oscar Warren, son of Charles & Mary (Robbins) Warren
Bride: Ida L. Proctor, dau of Daniel & Hattie (Eastman) Warren
Date: 9 January 1908
Source Film Number: 2184463
Grooms parents: Charles Warren of Waltham MA, age 49, carpenter, b. Chester NH; and Mary Robbins of Nashua, age 42, b. Derry NH
Brides parents: Daniel of Nashua NH age 51, machinist, b. Boston MA; and Hattie Eastman, of Nashua NH and 49, b. Boston MA
World War I Registration
Oscar Garfield Warren
res: South Merrimack, Hillsborough Co. NH
b. 22 July 1882, age 36
Munition Worker, US Cartridge Co., Lowell MA
nok: Ida L. Warren
World War II Draft Registration
Oscar Garfield Warren, age 60, b. 22 July 1881 Chester, Rockingham Co. NH
NOK: Mrs. Mary M. Kimball, 5 Mt. Pleasant St., Derry NH
1910 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Milford > District 0159 > 6
Proctor, Daniel W Head M W 55 m1x 23 yrs MA MA MA wood worker factory
Proctor, hattie E. wife F W 40 m1x 23 yrs 3 ch 3 living MA Canada Scotland
Warren, Ida L dau F W 21 m1x 3 yrs MA MA MA
Warren, Oscar G. son in law M W 28 m1x 3 yrs NH NH NH
Warren, Phyllis H. grand dau F W 2 single NH NH MA
Proctor, George E. son M W 15 single MA MA MA
1920 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Merrimack > District 80 > 16
[living in same house, 2 households]
Proctor, Daniel W. –Head– M W 64 married MA MA MA proprietor — mill
Proctor, Hattie E. wife F W 51 married MA Nova Scotia, Scotland
Warren, Ida L. F W 30 married MA MA MA
Proctor Howitt won M W 28 single MA MA MA
Proctor, George E. son M W 26 married MA MA MA
Warren, Oscar G. –Head– M W 39 married NH NH NH [b abt 1881]
Warren, Phylis H. dau F W 12 single NH NH MA
Warren, Charles R. son M W 10 single NH NH MA
Warren, Hewitt R. son M W 8 single NH NH MA
Warren, Marilyn N. dau F W 6 single NH NH MA
Warren, Irene R. dau F W 4-6/12 single NH NH MA
Children of Oscar “Orvis” G. & Ida (Proctor) Warren:
1. Phyllis Ora Warren, b. 5 Sep 1909, Chester NH, and d. 15 Feb 1999 at Havenwood Nursing Home in Concord NH; She m1) 31 Dec 1926 in Nashua NH to Walter E. Kempton, son of Harry L. & Luella (Karr) Kempton. He was born 3 July 1902 in Newport NH and d. May 25, 1959. They resided in South Merrimack and co-owned the Chestnut Lodge. She also ran a meetinghouse tea room on the Village Green in Hollis and in 1964 worked for Greenbriar Terrace Healthcare as head of the food department. The Kemptons had two sons, Lee Walter who m. Nancy — and Warren Kempton who m. Donna Jean Gott. Also had daughter, Judith Ann who m. Bernard Lepine. Phyllis m2nd) Herbert N. Smith, who was born in Jersey City, NJ, and died 23 Apr 2011 at age 97 and resided Concord NH. His first wife, Florence died in 1978.
2. Charles R. Warren, b. 11 May 1910 in Hillsborough Co. NH and d. July 1980 in Merrimack, Hillsborough Co. NH. He married Doris Margurite Avery, dau of Sherwood F. & Liller A. (Jones) Avery. She b. 29 May 1910 in NH and d. July 1979 in Merrimack, NH. She had also married Frederick H. Bennett (dau Beatrice b. 1928) and m. Preston Perry (child Stephen Phillip 1947-1993)
3. Howitt R. Warren, b 1 April 1912 NH; d. 3 Feb 1991; res. N. Pepperell Road in Hollis NH
4. +Marilyn Lois Warren, b. 15 Jan 1914 in Hudson, NH
5. Irene Ruth Warren, b. abt 1916 in Milford NH; She married 1st) 6 April 1933 in Derry NH to Frank Dixon, son of Mary A.T. Dixon. She married — Grove and resided Ontario Canada. In 1999, Irene Warren was living in California. Son, Kevin (firstname.lastname@example.org) provided some of the photographs in this post.
Marilyn N. Warren, daughter of Oscar G. & Ida (Proctor) Warren, was born 15 January 1915 in Hudson NH and died 12 June 1998 at a Manchester nursing home. She resided for many years at 57 Meetinghouse Road in Merrimack, NH. She married 9 October 1948 in Merrimack NH to Adelbert Nelson “Dell” Woods, son of Se(a)ver Robertson & Tina B. (Blanchard) Woods. He was b. 18 Nov 1906 in Nashua NH and d. 22 May 1989. He had married 1st) Edna A. Welch, dau of Elbridge Welch, and divorced 24 Sep 1948.
[SEE BIOGRAPHY ABOVE]
Nashua Telegraph, Oct 22, 1948
South Merrimack, Oct 22–Saturday, October 9, an afternoon wedding took place at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Kempton in South Merrimack at which Miss Marilyn Lois Warren became the bride of Adelbert Nelson Woods. Rev. William T. Knapp, minister of the Pilgrim Congregational church of Nashua, performed the double ring ceremony.
The bride chose for her wedding a blue tailored garbadine with gold accessories and wore a bridal corsage of white stephanotis, yellow rapture roses and ivy.
The bride’s sister, Mrs. Phyllis Kempton, and Richard Woods, brother of the bridegroom, attended them.The couple left for a wedding trip through the White Mountains and upon return will make their home on the Amherst road, South Merrimack.
Mrs. Woods is employed at the Nashua office of the New Hampshire State Employment Service. Mr. Woods is employed at the Verney Mills in Manchester.
1955 Manning’s Nashua Directory
Woods, Adelbert N. (Marilyn W) plant wkr, Producer’s Dairy res South Merrimack
Woods, Marilyn W. (Mrs. Adelbert) interviewer Emp Ser Bureau res S Merrimack
1957 Manning’s Nashua Directory
American Federation of Physically Handicapped, Nashua Chapter. sec-treas, Mrs. Marilyn W. Woods
Social Security Death Index about Marilyn W. Woods
Name: Marilyn W. Woods
Last Residence: 03110 Bedford, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States of America
Born: 15 Jan 1914
Died: 12 Jun 1998
State (Year) SSN issued: New Hampshire (Before 1951)
Social Security Death Index about Adelbert N. Woods
Name: Adelbert N. Woods
Last Residence: 03054 Merrimack, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States of America
Born: 18 Nov 1906
Died: 22 May 1989
State (Year) SSN issued: New Hampshire (Before 1951)
[son of Sever Robertson & Tina B. Woods]
National Association of the Physical Handicapped, Granite State Chapter, Pres. Mrs. Marilyn W. Woods
Resided in Bedford NH 1995-1998
37 Ridgewood Road, Bedford NH 03110
Child of Adelbert N. & Edna (Welch) Woods:
1. David N. Woods
[Adelbert & Marilyn (Warren) Woods had no children]
1. Richard Warren of the Mayflower and some of his descendants by Emily Warren Roebling; David Clapp & Son, 1901
2. Nashua Telegraph Publishing Co., various newspaper articles and obituaries
3. Nashua (NH) Area Directories
4. Social Security Death Index
5. United States Census Records
6. Various other newspaper articles