You Know You are Having a New Hampshire Christmas When. . .
1. “Santa” is pronounced “SAN-ter.”
2. You use political campaign buttons–as Christmas ornaments.
3. Traditional holiday food includes pork pie, and anything you can put maple syrup on.
5. The seven junk cars in the yard across the street almost look O.K. trimmed with twinkling lights.
6. Santa Claus sounds suspiciously like Fritz Wetherbee.
7. You can take an Inn to Inn Cookie Tour one night, and a sleigh ride the next.
8. The most difficult part of planning for holiday parties is to find the right pair of snowboots to match your outfit.
9. Your holiday travel consists mostly of trips to the wood pile.
10. When you flood your driveway to make a hockey rink for your kids.
11. Some fool Santa-wannabe wakeboards on Baboosic Lake on Christmas Eve.
–Thanks to Jasia and her Christmas Meme, for giving me the idea to create this list.–
[Editor’s note: blog updated in December 2017]