We have to start with the father in order to know the sons. Jonathan-5 Everett came from a long and well-traced line that I have included in the genealogy below. Jonathan moved from Attleboro, Massachusetts to New London NH before 1789 (according to the New London NH town’s history). He lived in a log cabin, and later in a frame house. He was an influential citizen. He married Mary Messinger/Messenger and produced eight children.
In a previous story I wrote about this same Jonathan & Mary (Messinger) Everett’s daughter Mary, who married the Honorable Anthony Colby, a governor of New Hampshire. In this story I will show photographs of Mary’s brothers, David and Daniel Everett, along with their wives, and their family trees.
—–EVERETT FAMILY OF NEW LONDON NH GENEALOGY—–
Richard-1 Everett & Mary Winch
John-2 Everett (1646-1715) & Eizabeth Pepper of Dedham MA
Richard-3 Everett & Mary Fuller of Dedham & Norfolk MA
Deacon Jonathan-4 Everett & Jemima Mann of Dedham and Wrentham MA
Jonathan-5 Everett, son of Deacon Jonathan & Jemima (Mann) Everett was born 16 June 1748 in Attleboro, Bristol Co. MA and d. 13 Nov 1816 in New London, Merrimack Co. NH. He m. 27 Nov 1782 in Wrentham MA to Mary “Molley” Messenger, dau of Daniel & Mary (Brastow) Messinger. She was b. 9 March 1764 in Wrentham MA and d. 18 April 1833 in New London NH. She m2) Rev. Mr. Job Seamans (as his 2nd wife) of New London NH. According to the History of New London NH, Mary was a “woman of superior intellectual attainments for her day and of unusual force of character.”
Children of Jonathan & Mary “Molley” (Messinger) Everett:
1. +David Everett, b. 6 Sep 1783
2. Susan Everett, b 21 March 1785; m. Roger Farnum of Attleboro MA, and died leaving four children, one of whom, Susan Everett Farnum was the first matron of the Centennial Home for the Aged in Concord.
3. Emily Everett, b. 20 Jan 1787; m. John Gates and resided in New London NH.
4. Jonathan Everett Jr., b 21 June 1789; m. 15 Nov 1815 Apphia Burpee, dau of Asa and Mary (Perley) Burpee. Resided New London NH.
5. +Daniel M. Everett, b 9 May 1791.
6. Marcus Everett, b. 10 Aug 1793, d. 22 Sep 1794
7. Mary Everett [see her photograph and biography], b. 24 Nov 1795 She m. Hon. Anthony Colby, Governor of NH
8. Rhoda Everett, b. 21 Aug 1798; m. 22 July 1824 Capt Jonathan Herrick (as his 2nd wife) and resided in New London NH.
Deacon David Everett, son of Jonathan and Mary “Molley” (Messenger) Everett, b. 6 Sep 1783 in NH, died 25 April 1866 in Hopkinton, Merrimack Co. NH. He m. 13 Sep 1807 in New London, Merrimack Co. NH to Amy B. Snowden, daughter of Deacon Snowden a native of Yorkshire England and Dorcas Easterbrooks. She was b. abt 1782 in Sackville, [Wood Point] Westmoreland Co. Nova Scotia, Canada, and d.7 July 1850 in New London, NH. He m2d) 7 April 1853 in Hopkinton NH to Mrs. Sarah (Aiken) Fuller. She was b. 14 April 1794 in Francestown NH, d. 25 July 1876 Concord. She married 1st) 22 Nov 1814 Francestown NH to Rufus Fuller, son of S. Rufus & Hannah (Billings) Fuller [They had several children]. In 1870 the Everetts were living in Hopkinton NH. David and his 1st wife are buried in Old Main Street Cemetery, New London NH. His will dated 19 October 1855, proved in May of 1866 names wife Sarah A. Everett, son-in-law Stevens C. Roby of Milwaukee WI, daughters Duroxa M. Robie and Almira S. Crawford, of Brooklyn NY, and granddaughters Eliza R. Crawford and Maria B. Crawford. [More Everett genealogy
Newspaper clipping: David Everett m. Amy Snowdon, late of Saxville (N.S.) in New London MH (CC Dec 2, 1807).
1850 US Census > NH > Merrimack > New London
Stevens C. Roby M 32 VT
Duraxa Roby F 39 NH
Judith Snowden F 21 Nova Scotia
David Everett M 67 New Hampshire
Amy Everett F 68 Nova Scotia
Sarah E. Brown F 65 New Hampshire
1860 US Census > NH > Merrimack > Hopkinton
David Everett 76 M Farmer MA
Sarah Everett 66 F NH
Henry M. Fuller 42 M NH [b abt 1818 NH]
Children of David & Amy B. (Snowden) Everett:
1. Almira Snowdon Everett. b. 20 July 1808 in New London NH and d. 10 March 1888 in Chester NH. She m. 4 Feb 1834 in NH to Rev. Luther Crawford of Alexandria NH. They removed to Brooklyn NY. Almira S. Crawford of Hopkinton was named administrator of her father’s estate.
2. Susan Farnum Everett, b 14 Jan 1810, d. 20 Feb 1810
3. Duroxa M. Everett, b. 19 Jan 1811; m. 1841 Stephen C. Robie of Springfield NH, son of Samuel & Abigail (Colcord) Robie. They removed to Portage City, Wisconsin where he died 1895.
4. David M. Everett, b. 15 Feb 1813, d. 15 Feb 1813
5. David M. Everett (2d), b. 16 Dec 1815, d. 8 June 1840
Daniel M. Everett, son of Jonathan and Mary “Molley” (Messenger) Everett, b 9 May 1791 in New London NH and d 9 August 1876, aged 85y 3 mo; He m. 7 May 1818 in New London, New Hampshire to Rachel Clement, dau of Benjamin Moody & Rachel (Herrick) Clement. She was b. 10 Sep 1794 in Hopkinton NH and d 10 Nov 1871 in Concord NH. They are buried in Blossom Hill Cemetery, Concord NH. In 1850 they were living in Sanbornton NH. There is a U.S. Craftperson file on him [says b 1791, d. 1873]. Cabinetmaker. nown examples, bureau, drop-leaf table, mirror. 1830 deed lists as cabinetmaker. Removed late in life to Salisbury NH. [Sources: Parson, NH Joiner/Cab (1981, umpub) p 17, 122/ Jane C. Giffen, Antiquews, July 1968. In the 1870 US Census both are living in Salisbury, Merrimack Co. NH
Children of Daniel M. & Rachel (Clement) Everett:
1. Twins Everett b 25 Apr 1819 and d. 26 Apr 1819
2. Mary Messenger Everett, b. 23 July 1820, d. 3 Nov 1820.
3. +Emily Gates Everett, b. 1 Nov 1821 in New London NH, and d. 9 Aug 1911 in Concord, Merrimack Co. NH. She married 26 Oct 1841 Amos Dodge. He was b. 15 Aug 1813 at New Boston NH and d. 30 Sep 1871. They resided at Concord NH.
4. +Daniel Ronaldo “Ro” Everett, b. 26 August 1827 in New London NH; d. 5 Feb 1889
Emily Gates Everett, daughter of Daniel M. & Rachel (Clement) Everett, b. 1 Nov 1821 in New London NH and d. 9 Aug 1911 in Concord NH. She married Amos Dodge, son of Solomon & Elizabeth (Dodge) Dodge. He was born 15 August 1813 in New Boston NH and d. 30 Sep 1871 in Concord NH. They are buried in Blossom Hill Cemetery, Concord NH. At her death Emily was living at 9 Pine Street Concord, earlier at Tilton NH.
Children of Amos & Emily G. (Everett) Dodge:
1. Howard A. Dodge, b 5 Feb 1843 Lempster NH; d. 24 Oct 1920 in Concord NH; married Frances E. Webster; buried Blossom Hill Cemetery, Concord NH
2. George A.W. Dodge, b. 21 Jan 1847 Lempster NH, d. 8 March 1932 Jackson, Michigan; m. 17 Oct 1871 in NH to Helen F. Foster, dau of Henry B. & Harriet S. Foster
3. Roger E. Dodge, b abt 1849 Lowell MA; d. 29 Sep 1892 Concord NH; buried Beverly MA; m. 22 May 1877 in Beverly MA to Frances L. Larcom, dau of Andrew & Abigail Larcom
4. Waldo S. Dodge, b 7 January 1851 Sanbornton NH, d. 23 Nov 1879 Concord NH of typhoid fever, aged 28y 10m 14d; merchant
5. Kirk Wallace Dodge, b 5 Nov 1852 Sanbornton/Tilton NH; m. 7 June 1876 in Hillsboro NH to Hattie M. Hazen, dau of Edgar & Maria Hazen; m2d) Bertha Hazen
6. Richard W. “Dick” Dodge, b abt 1853 Sanbornton NH; m. 10 March 1880 in Concord NH to Bertha Hazen, dau of Edgar E. Hazen
7. Mary E. Dodge, b. 9 Nov 1854 NH; d. 6 Feb 1930; m. Frederick Reed; buried Blossom Hill Cemetery, Concord NH
8. Jessie Anna Dodge, b. abt 1860 Concord NH; m. 27 Nov 1883 in Concord NH to George A. Fernald, son of Josiah & Mary E. Fernald. Lived Winchester MA, children: Robert W., Barbara, Rebecca, Lloyd Dodge
9. Jennie Dodge, b abt 1863, d. 14 March 1893 in Winchester MA; m. 21 Dec 1886 in Concord NH to Oliver E. Williams, son of Thomas P. & Caroline (Mertz) Williams. He m2d) 12 Oct 1898 in Winchester MA to Esther Mabel Baldwin.
Daniel Ronaldo “Ro” Everett (Daniel-6, Jonathan-5, Jonathan-4, Richard-3, John-2, Richard-1) son of Daniel & Rachel (Clement) Everett b. 26 August 1827 in New London NH, d. 5 Feb 1889. He m. 2 July 1854 at Salisbury NH to H. Harriet Amanda Calef, daughter of John & Ruth Chase (Whitmore/Whittemore) Calef She was b. 4 July 1829 at Salisbury NH, and was living in 1893 in New York City. He was a dry goods merchant at Salisbury and Henniker NH. He is buried in Henniker Cemetery.
1850 US Census > NH > Merrimack > Salisbury
John Calef 62
Marthy Calef 63
Christopher Calef 19
Harriett A Calef 20
1860 US Census > NH > Merrimack > Salisbury
Daniel R Everett M 32 New Hampshire
Amanda Everett F 30 New Hampshire
Charles E Everett M 5 New Hampshire
Rufus C Everett M 2 New Hampshire
Martha G Everett F 0 New Hampshire
Ann Jones F 15 New Hampshire
Charles C Greenleaf M 21 New Hampshire
Children of Daniel R. & Harriet A. (Calef) Everett:
1. Charles Edward Everett, b abt 1855 NH.
2. Rufus Clement Everett, b abt 1858 NH; in 1910 living in Perth Amboy, NJ.
3. Martha Gale Everett, b. abt 1860 NH; m. 29 Sep 1881 at Henniker NH to Henry Armstrong of Boston MA, son of John & Pauline Armstrong. He was b. abt 1858 in London England. He was a journalist. In 1930 they were living in Elizabeth, Union Co. NJ. He died by 1940 when Martha and daughter Violet are living in Elizabeth, Union Co. NJ [Violet b. 17 Apr 1882 MA, d. Oct 1970 NJ unmarried]
4. Mary Clement Everett, b c1865 Hill NH, d. 1 Nov 1898 Concord NH; single; living 5 Rumford Street
History of New London, New Hampshire (with some Genealogies)