Did you ever stop to wonder what people search for on the internet? It’s not normally an important topic for me. But I AM always curious about how people find this blog.
During the past two weeks, visitors stopped by Cow Hampshire looking for:
1. “make your own damn tombstone” — Here is a person obviously not satisfied with simply writing an epitaph. They want to make the monument itself… and a damn good one at that. Actually I think they were looking for this…
2. “nor’easter hat” — What is this? A New Englander’s version of Hogwart’s “Sorting Hat?” If you really want to see a cute hat, take a quick gander at this dancing elf that looks suspiciously like me!
3. “George Washington’s eggnog” — Hopefully they just want the recipe for the holiday drink, and they aren’t looking for a historical specimen.
4. “if you dont like the weather in new hampshire” — The answer is “wait a minute,” NOT wait five minutes, as is sometimes reported. It’s time for a re-post of New Hampsha’s Weatha Glossary for those who missed it the first time.
5. “How many guards are along the Main and New hampshire boarder” — Yep, that is really how this researcher spelled “Maine.” New Hampshire definitely needs more border guards. You never know when those Maniacs will try to sneak across, especially to do their tax-free Christmas shopping.
6. “cow abduction calendar” — Great idea! This sounds like a job for NH Photo Tour!
7. “East Oshkosh, NH” — Oshkosh is clearly a Wisconsin word and place (named after Chief Os-kosh). However, about a hundred years ago, certain New Hampshirites used the term when describing an “imaginary place,” i.e., their Yankee version of Shangri La.
*****2006 HOLIDAY BLOG POSTS THAT ARE A MUST READ******
Top Ten Signs Santa is a Genealogist–Chris Dunham, the guy with the huge, um, number of ancestors, is at it again with this holiday Top Ten.
Remembering Christmases Past–Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings says that your life is in four parts and involves Santa
Who has been placed on Santa’s Naughty List and Why? Amy Kane at Atlantic Ave. shares her sometimes odd discoveries.
What is the most dangerous toy alive? And why is the Chosen at Be Less Boring not surprised he is still alive?
What would you do if you were God? (TJ posts some irreverent lyrics)
Don’t know what gift to buy? Bigqueue on Measure Twice, Cut Once discusses gift cards. You may learn something about them that will surprise you!
Are your holiday gifts genetically modified? Horrors!! Are you looking for herbs, great teas, and aromatherapy items? Steph over at My Green Dreams has provided some alternative gift links.
Margaret Evans Porter’s dog (at Periodic Pearls) has mysteriously grown antlers.
Tony Schinella at Politizine is getting that “warm and fuzzy feeling.” Maybe you can get it too.
The Omnipotent Poobah shows photographs of Barney, the Presidential Dog, and the Christmas decorations at the White House.
Paul Sand over at Pun Salad, hasn’t blogged about the holidays yet, but he has a few days to break down and do it!
Are you boggled about what sort of gift a genealogist would like? Lee at A Matter of Life and Death provides the answer.
Happy Holidays Everyone.