Christopher Stone was an actor for 35 years and his roles included television series and movies.
Some of his later appearances included The Howling (1981) and Cujo (1983) with his wife Dee Wallace Stone. She was probably best known for her role as Elliot’s divorced mother in the Steven Spielberg film, “E.T.”
He was born, Thomas Edward Bourassa on October 5, 1940 in Manchester New Hampshire, and died at the age of 55, on October 20, 1995 at his Los Angeles California home, of a heart attack. In 1980 he married actress Deanna Bowers [stage name Dee Wallace] and they had one child, Gabrielle.
Starting in 1968 he played a minor role in the show “The Outcasts,” following by similar roles in television sitcoms, “Here Come the Brides,” “The Mod Squad,” “Medical Center,” “The Interns,” “Mission Impossible,” and many more. From 1987 to 1988 he played the role of William Horton on “Days of our Lives.”
*BRIEF FAMILY TREE OF THOMAS E. BOURASSA aka CHRISTOPHER STONE*
Charles-Edmond aka C. Edward Bourassa, son of Honore (Herve/Henri) Bourassa b. 13 Sep 1912 in Greenland NH, and died 1 Jan 2000 in Manchester, Hillsborough Co NH. He married 22 May 1935 in Manchester NH at St. George’s Parish Church to Mildred Orri Stone, dau of Lester & Geneva/Genieve Stone. For the Bourassa Line (see). In 1942 C. Edward Bourassa was a shoe worker at McElwains in Manchester, and they were residing at 551 Silver Street. By 1942 he was the registrar of Probate for the State of New Hampshire and still residing in Manchester New Hampshire.
OBITUARY (Union Leader, Manchester NH, October 30, 1995)
Actor Christopher Stone, 55, died Saturday night of a heart attack in his sleep after watching Game 6 of the World Series, an ironic end for a man his father described as ”very sports-minded.” Born Thomas Bourassa, he was the son of C. Edward and Mildred Bourassa. Stone – then known as Tommy Bourassa – attended Trinity High School and Central High School and played Babe Ruth, high school and American Legion baseball. A former U.S. Marine who served on Okinawa, Stone was ”discovered” when he and some friends stopped to help a man whose car was stuck in Hollywood. Stone and his friends helped out. The man, who said he was a producer, offered to pay, but Stone said no. The producer offered his business card and told the handsome young man to report to the studio the next day. That was the start of a career that spanned about two decades and included guest shots on shows such as ”Spenser’s Pilots,” ”Murder She Wrote,” ”Simon and Simon,” ”T.J. Hooker,” ”The Bionic Woman” and others. His film credits include ”The Howling,” as well as spots on television movies ”The Blue and the Gray” with Gregory Peck, and ”White Dragon.” In addition, he was married to Dee Wallace Stone, probably best known for her work in ”E.T: The Extraterrestrial.” They had a daughter Gabrielle, who was to turn seven next month, said his father last night. Stone came home to Manchester to visit at Christmas almost every year, Mr. Bourassa said. Stone, who suffered an aneurysm in 1975, had been hospitalized for a bypass operation recently, his father said last night. He watched the baseball game Saturday night, then died in his sleep. Stone is survived by his wife, actress Dee Wallace Stone, daughter Gabrielle, and two sisters.
Children of Charles-Edmond & Mildred (Stone) Bourassa:
1. Shirley M. Bourassa, who m. Gerard H. Remillard, son of Henri & Marie-Delia (Jobin) Remillard; resides Manchester NH
2. Thomas Edward Bourassa, b 4 Oct 1940 in Manchester NH and d. 29 Oct 1995 in Los Angeles, California. Aka Christopher Stone, actor. He married 1980 to Deanna Powers (aka actress Dee Wallace). They had one child, Gabrielle Elise who was born in 1988.
3. Phyllis J. Bourassa, who m. Leon Bretton. Widow, resides Auburn NH.
BRIEF FAMILY TREE — STONE LINE
John Stone, son of — and —, was b. 7 April 1807 in ?Meredith, Belknap Co. NH and d. 21 Nov 1893 in Nashua NH, buried at Edgewood Cemetery in Nashua NH. He m. 6 Nov 1828 in Merrimack, NH to Louisa Fields, dau of Marston & Mary (Howe) Fields. She was b. 6 May 1810 in Merrimack NH and d. 10 Apr 1892 in Nashua NH. In 1880 Residing in Nashua NH with wife and son George, a painter.
Children of John & Louisa (Fields) Stone:
1. Emily Caroline Stone, b. 12 June 1829 in Merrimack, Hillsborough Co. NH
2. +John Atwood Stone, b. 7 Apr 1833 in Merrimack NH
3. Sophia Thornton Stone, b. 6 May 1835 Merrimack NH
4. George Sullivan Stone, b. 26 July 1837 Merrimack NH
5. Bernard Hoit Stone b 14 Feb 1839 in Merrimack NH
6. Mary Catherine Stone, b. 1 May 1841 in Merrimack NH; d. 2 June 1936 in Jay, Maine; m. 17 Feb 1857 in Nashua NH to Joseph E. Lee. He was b. 28 Sep 1824 in Richmond, Quebec Co. Canada. Buried Edgecomb Cemetery, Nashua NH.
7. Charles Henry Stone, b. 11 July 1843 in Merrimack NH
8. Hannah Francis Stone, b. 23 Jan 1845 in Merrimack NH
9. Alonzo Stone, b. 21 March 1847 in Merrimack NH; he m. Laura “Lottie C.” Perkins and resided in Nashua NH. She b. 29 Aug 1847 in VT, d. 3 Jan 1917 in Nashua NH, buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Nashua NH.
10. Sarah Elizabeth “Lizzie” Stone, b. 7 March 1849 in Merrimack NH
11. Greenleaf Prescott Stone, b. 28 Feb 1851 in Merrimack NH
John Atwood Stone, son of John & Louisa (Fields) Stone, was b. 7 Apr 1833 in Merrimack, Hillsborough Co. NH and d. 14 May 1915 in Nashua NH. He was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in Nashua NH. He married 27 June 1855 to Mary Jane Dutton. She was. b. Sep 1834 in Albany NY and d. 10 Sep 1912 in Manchester, Hillsborough Co. NH
1880 US Census > NH > Hillsborough Co. > Nashua
Stone, Mary J. Female 46 D keeping house NY NH NY
Stone, Lizzie J. daughter 22 at home NH NH NY
Hazelton, Georgia 20 married daughter at home, consumption NH NH NY
Children of John A. & Mary J. (Dutton) Stone:
1. +John H. Stone, b. 5 April 1856 in Albany NY
2. Elizabeth Jane “Lizzie J.” Stone, b. 1 Jan 1859 NH
3. Georgianna “Georgia” Stone, b. Abt 1860 NH; m. 20 July 1876 in Nashua NH to Edward W. Hazelton, son of John W. & Eliza R. (Moreland) Hazelton.
John H. Stone, son of John A. and Mary J. F. (Dutton) Stone was b. 5 April 1856 in Albany, Albany Co., New York, and d. 22 May 1922 in Manchester, Hillsborough Co. NH. He married 1st) ? and divorced by 1880. He married 2nd) 22 Feb 1881 in Manchester NH to Jennie E. Quimby, dau of Benjamin F. & Roxanna (?) Quimby. She b. April 1859 in Wilmot, Merrimack Co. NH.
1860 US Census > NH > Hillsborough > Nashua
John A. Stone 27 M Carpenter NH
Mary Jane Stone 26 F House Keeper NY
John D. Stone 4 M NY
Eliza Jane Stone 2 F NH
Georgianna Stone 3/12 F NH
1910 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Manchester Ward 3 > District 0130 > 34 > Nashua Street
STONE, John H. husband M W 53 married 35 yrs NY NY merchant painter
Stone, Jennie E. wife F W 50 married 35 yrs 7 ch 7 living NH VT VT
Stone, Dana L. son M W 21 married 0 yrs NH NY NY electrician woolen mill
Stone, Katie M. daugh in law F W 19 married 0 yrs NH NH NH
Stone, Lester P. son M W 19 single NH NY NH
Stone, Karl? E. son M W 17 single NH NY NH
Stone, Harry E. son M W 7 single NH NY NH
Stone, Arthur B. grand son M W 9 single NH NH VT
Stone, Mary J. mother F W 75 widow 3 ch 1 living NY VT NY
1900 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Manchester
Ward 2 > District 92 > 31
STONE, John H. Head W M April 1856 49 M 24 yrs NY NH NY Painter
Stone, Jennie E. wife W F April 1854 41 married 24 yrs 6 ch 6 living NH MA VT
Stone, Perley E. son W M Apr 1878 22 single NH NY NH painter
Stone, Arthur W. son W M March 1882 18 single NH NY NH
Stone, Dana S. son W M Feb 1889 11 single NH NY NH
Stone, Lester P. son W M March 1891 9 single NH NY NH
Stone, Karl E. son W M May 1893 7 single NH NY NH
Stone, Mary J. mother W F Nov 1834 65 widow 3 ch 1 living NY NH NY
1880 < NH > Hillsborough > Manchester > Hillsboro Co. Jail
Stone, John H. W M Divorced 23 Prisoner, Hack Driver
MANCHESTER, NH UNION LEADER – WEDNESDAY MAY 24, 1922, Page 5
HOLD SERVICES FOR MAN WHO FELL TO HIS DEATH
Funeral services for John H. Stone, 66, retired fireman and painter, whose death was instantaneous following a 65 foot fall from the peak of the Hanover Street Congregational church Monday forenoon, were held this afternoon at 2 o’clock at the home at 27 Nashua street. A delegation from the Manchester firemen was present among whom were several with whom Mr. Stone was associated in his many years service with the company. Manchester post auxiliary of the American Legion of which Mrs. Stone is a member, was also represented.The bearers were four sons, Lester P. Stone, Dana L. Stone, Karl E. Stone and Arthur W. Stone, all of this city.Rev. Horace Blake Williams, pastor of the St. Paul’s M. E. church, in which the Stones have been quite active, was the officiating clergyman at the house and at the grave. Singing formed a part of the service. Among the many floral pieces were several wreaths, a pillow from the six sons and a large piece form the Mundell A. C., of which two of the sons are members. The trip to Martin’s Ferry was by automobile. Burial was in the family lot there. Among those attending from out of town were Frank Quimby of Franklin; Mrs. Annie Blanchard and daughter of Cambridge, Mass., and Miss Mary Taunt of Nashua.
Elmer D. Goodwin, undertaker, had charge of arrangements.
Children of John H. & Jennie E. (Quindley/Quimby) Stone:
1. Perley E. Stone, b. April 1878 NH, d. 18 Feb 1913 in Manchester NH; m. 21 Oct 1905 in Franklin NH to Clara T. Burke, dau of Peter & Martha (Jacobs) Burke.
2. Arthur W. Stone, b. 19 March 1882 NH; m. 13 June 1903 to Lucy A. Gove, dau of Alonzo & Ann (Martin) Gove.
3. Bert Henry Stone, b. abt 1888 NH; m1) 24 June 1899 in Manchester NH to Mabel Blanche Berry, dau of Charles Herbert & Ida (Putnam) Berry; He m2d., 16 May 1947 in Milford NH to Marguerite Mary (Devine) Munneke, dau of Michael J. & Mary A. (Lacey) Devine.
3. Dana Leroy Stone, b. Feb 1889 NH; m. 8 Nov 1909 to Kate
May Elliott, dau of Burton N. & Bessie J. (Powers) Elliott.
4. +Lester Paige Stone, b. 2 March 1891 NH
5. Karl E. Stone, b. May 1893 NH
6. Harry E. Stone, b. 1903 NH
Lester Paige Stone, son of John H. & Jennie E. (Quindley/Quimby) Stone, was born 2 March 1891 in Manchester or Derry NH. He d. November 1962 in NH. He married 31 Aug 1910 in Manchester NH to Geneva/Genieve/Geneve Messer/Method, dau of Edwin C. & Ellen S. (Chase) Messer. She was born in Groton NH
1930 US Census > NH > Hillsborough > Manchester > Kidder St.
STONE, Lester P. Head 1305 M W 39 married at age 19, NH NY NY Chaufeeur, Textile Co.
STONE, Genvieve wife F W 36 married ate age 16 MA MA NH Lining Maker, Shoe Mill
STONE, Everett son M W 18 single NH
STONE, Mildred dau F W 16 single NH
STONE, Bernice dau F W 12 single NH
1920 US Census > New Hampshire > Hillsborough > Manchester Ward 3 > District 91 > Jane Street
STONE, Lester P. Head M W 28 male NH NH NH chauffeur cotton mill
Stone, Genvieve wife F W 25 married MA NH NH
Stone, Everett son M W single NH
Stone, Mildred Dau F W 6 single NH
Stone, Burnice dau F W 2-1/2 single NH
Children of Lester P & Geneva/Genieve (Messer) Stone:
1. Everett P. Stone, b. 25 Dec 1911 in Manchester NH, d. July 1980 NH; m. 30 Sep 1933 in Manchester NH to Eva J. Clang, dau of Henry & Nettie (Larochelle) Clang. Res. Manchester NH; driver.
2. +Mildred Ori Stone, b. 25 December 1913 in Manchester NH
3. Bernice Ellen Stone, b abt 1917; m. 21 May 1937 in Manchester NH to Thomas P. Lane. She m2) 17 May 1947 in Manchester NH to Woodrow Jacob Brooks, son of Andrew & Hilma (Parker) Brooks
Mildred Stone, daughter of Lester & Geneva Stone was born 25 December 1913 in Manchester NH, and d. 24 April 2012. She married Charles-Edmond Bourassa (SEE ARTICLE AT TOP OF PAGE and BOURASSA Genealogy).
Mildred O. (Stone) Bourassa, 98, of Manchester died April 24, 2012 after a brief illness. She was born in Manchester on December 25, 1913 to Lester and Genieve (Messer) Stone. She was a lifelong resident of Manchester. Mildred was a stay at home Mom who loved to decorate her house for every holiday. The words “too much” were not part of her vocabulary. She was in charge of the gift shop at the former Sacred Heart Hospital and was a member of the Sacred Heart Association for many years. She was also a member of the Manchester Artist Association, the Derryfield Garden Club, and the bowling team at the Manchester Country Club. She was married for 68 years to C. Edward Bourassa who died in 2000. She was also predeceased by a son, Thomas Bourassa, also known as, Christopher Stone, in 1995, and by a son in law, Leon Breton in 2011. The family includes two children, Shirley Remillard and her husband, Gerard, of Englewood, FL and Phyllis J. Breton of Auburn; a daughter in law, Dee Wallace Stone of Woodland Hills, CA; four grandchildren, eight great grandchildren and four great great grandchildren. SERVICES: There are no services planned at this time. The burial is at Calvary Cemetery in Newmarket at the convenience of the family. Lambert Funeral Home & Crematory, Manchester is assisting the family with arrangements.